Sunday, June 26, 2011

Jeremiah Weed Roadhouse Tea

I'm never one to drink cheap malt beverages, much less one from Walmart.  But I've been getting questions from customers about this one (not that liquor stores in VA carry this product) but for $7.97 for a 6-pack I figured, "Why not?".  This article is a lone-test, but might re-evaluate later when consuming more.

On The Outside:  Jeremiah Weed, as far as I've known it, is known for its sweet tea flavored vodka and bourbon, liquors, and Ready to Drink (RTD) cocktails.  They are a brand under the Diageo name.  5.8% ABV in a 12 fl.oz can.  Anyway, this drink comes in its standard southern style designed can.  They also make a Lightning Lemonade and a Spiked Cola.

On the Inside:  Upon opening it, there wasn't much of smell to it and its taste is very sweet; reminiscent of really sweet tea with a kick on the back of the tongue.  It isn't carbonated, which I personally like.  The kick is gone after swallowing, leaving a sugary taste; I can tell it was artificially tea-flavored that I didn't really care for but expected in a canned RTD beverage.  
I can make drink stronger than this can, but as a "beer-like" alternative it goes down smooth and I can probably pound a few of these out before I get diabetes.  Great refreshing summer drink when served ice-cold.   [Drinking is not generally advised while doing manual labor in the heat.  Drink water.  You will get cramps, believe me.]

In The End:  After finishing one, I'm feeling less-than-buzzed.  Not sober, but relaxed.  Would I drink another one?  Not casually as a beverage, but in social situations, yes.  People who like sweet drinks or things that aren't apparently alcoholic might enjoy this one.  It is too sweet for me right now to drink more than one and at the moment, I have to be at work at 6am tomorrow, so no partying for me.

ABV: 5.5%
Price:  $7.97

Drinks Consumed:  1
Straight:  5 out of 5
Mixed:  N/A
Drunkenness:  N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment